Kids love computers and they instinctively want to push all those buttons on the keyboard and click on all those icons on the desktop.
Even a well-meaning child can accidentally click on an important document, an older sibling's school assignment, financial documents, treasured pictures, or more and - UH OH!
Using KidDesktop™ makes the computer simple and safe for kids.
- Customized Start Screen: With KidDesktop, when your child logs onto your computer he or she doesn't even see the Windows desktop. Instead, the child sees a child-friendly, customized start screen and an Activity Bar with their own favorite activities.
- Icon-driven with spoken help: The start screen and Activity Bar are completely icon-driven, and even include spoken help, to make it easy for even non-reading preschoolers.
- A new way for parental control: The Internet is a great resource, but much of it is also inappropriate for kids. Instead of saying which pages or sites your child CANNOT visit, KidDesktop enables you to designate sites they CAN visit. Each site has its own icon on the Activity Bar. With each site you set up, you can decide if your child can leave the site, view pop-up ads from the site, print from the site, or download from the site.
Using KidDesktop™ protects your computer.
- Your important files are safe: Your child can't purposefully or accidentally open, change, or delete any other files or programs installed on your computer. In fact, your child doesn't even SEE those items. Children only see the KidDesktop screen with their own customized Activity Bar.
Using KidDesktop's KD Builder™ gives parents control.
- After installing KidDesktop, an adult must configure the child's account before the child can use the program. Parents have complete control over the activities their child can use, because - using KD Builder - parents customize the child's Activity Bar featuring:
- Websites the child visits
- YouTube™ videos the child can watch
- Programs the child uses on the computer
- The ability to transfer pictures from a digital camera to the computer
- Pictures the child views
- Your child can only do activities YOU set up, but you can set up any website, YouTube videos, program, or pictures you want your child to use. The possibilities are literally endless, and as your child matures you can easily change the items on their Activity Bar.